NGO Fontana Charter
NGO Fontana believes that:
- In a social community the collective health interest takes precedence over individual economic interests.
- Alcohol and medicine are no ordinary, marketable commodities. They can be toxic, psychotropic and dependence inducing drugs and the use must be publicly controlled.
- The means of production, distribution, consumption and control must be a concern on a national policy making level.
Members of NGO Fontana further recognise:
- the existence of a link between the availability of alcohol, medicine and drugs and the levels of harm to society.
- the need for legislative and regulatory measures to provide a foundation for a prevention policy.
- the necessity for a coherent balance between information, education, treatment and alcohol, medicine and drug control policies